The Best Salespeople Know Your Product Inside And Out…
There is a whole lot of information out there for startups on how to sell to VC’s, but as founders, knowing how to sell to your customers can prove to be so much more valuable. Of course there will come a time when you just can’t do it all yourself, so now it’s time to consider hiring a quality, dedicated salesperson.
For many, the thought of a salesperson usually conjures up that common image of some slimy dude selling snake oil. Luckily that’s not always the case.
With a bit of help from our good buddy Jack Zerby, this week we’re talking building a sales team from the ground up, and ensuring we get the most from it in the long run. We’re also exploring why it is so important for founders themselves to have some sales strategies in their toolkit. Even if you’re just a developer who wants nothing to do with the sales side of the business, there’s a really good chance that you have more than it takes to drive sales while keeping your customers best interests in mind.
Ultimately, we want everyone to win – your customer, your company and your salesperson.
Nobody Wants To Be Sold, But Everybody Loves To Buy…
- Why a founder needs to know how to sell.
- What to look for in a dedicated sales co-founder.
- Interviewing and hiring your prospective salesperson.
- The importance of knowing your product inside and out.
- Why devs make great sellers.
- Mark Suster’s Blog Posts On Selling
- SPIN Selling – Neil Rackham (non-affiliate – affiliate)
- Startups For The Rest Of Us Podcast
- Zig Ziglar’s Secrets Of Closing The Sale (non-affiliate – affiliate)
Enjoy Your Foolish Adventure.
Building An Effective Sales Team For Your Startup With Jack Zerby – FA180You can right click to save the file.
Please help us spread the word!
If you like the show, will you please take a moment to leave a comment on iTunes? This really helps us get the word out!